Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Won't Fix in 2018.1
Fixed in 2018.2
[Noise] Significant slow down when selecting a system with a large playback time, even with resimulate off.
1. Open Scene1 from the attached project.
2. Select the particle system, advance the playback time to 800, and deselect the system
3. Enable the Editor Profiler
4. Select the Particle System
5. Observe the slowdown (in the attached video, I am getting over 3000ms).
- Reproduced in 2018.1.0b6 - b8
- Regression, does not reproduce in 2017.3.1p1
- Resimulate is off, which usually prevents this slowdown
- Disabling the noise module resolves the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar