Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[Noise] Significant slow down when selecting a system with a large playback time, even with resimulate off.
1. Open Scene1 from the attached project.
2. Select the particle system, advance the playback time to 800, and deselect the system
3. Enable the Editor Profiler
4. Select the Particle System
5. Observe the slowdown (in the attached video, I am getting over 3000ms).
- Reproduced in 2018.1.0b6 - b8
- Regression, does not reproduce in 2017.3.1p1
- Resimulate is off, which usually prevents this slowdown
- Disabling the noise module resolves the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework
- Particle system trails sprites modifies unexpectedly when Texture Sheet Animation is enabled
- "Density" in "Buoyancy Effector 2D" description is inaccurate and difficult to understand
- Some Isometric Tiles are not Rendered on the Tilemap when using "Chunk" Mode on the Tilemap Renderer
- Input.GetKeyUp and Input.GetKeyDown always Return False when used in the Coroutine with WaitForEndOfFrame Return type