Search Issue Tracker
New Hierarchy - Search by "Type" is a functionality that is difficult to understand
As a user it is difficult to understand what "Types" that are supported. Maybe it would be a help if there was a dropdown like in Project Browser with all the supported Types?
- Open attached project and launch "Example - Lighting"
- Set the Hierarchy to "TransformSort"
- Drag an object (e.g. Canvas) from Hierarchy to "Assets" folder in Project Browser
- Observe that a prefab is created
- Drag the prefab from Assets folder to Scene View
- Right-click in the Hierarchy search field and select "Type" as search criteria
- Type "Prefab" in search field and observe that nothing is listed in the Hierarchy Window
- Observe also that the prefab is actually shown in Scene View
As a user the following questions pops up:
- What types are actually supported?
- Are the Types the same as in Project Browser?
Additional comment: The documentaion did not reveal much information either on this issue: http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/Searching.html
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open