Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[NavMesh] Baking ignores FBX files with Mesh Compression set to Low or Medium when baking NavMesh
1. Open QA attached project "NavMeshRepro.zip"
2. In Hierarchy window, select NavSurface Object and observe correctly baked mesh
3. In Project window, select Navigation FBX file and change it's Mesh Compression to Low or Medium (and Apply)
4. In Hierarchy window, select NavSurface object again
5. In Inspector window, click Bake and observe
Expected: NavMesh is baked with any compression quality selected
Actual: NavMesh is not baked on objects with Low or Medium Compression Quality (Off and High are baked as intended)
Reproduced in: 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.2f1, 2019.2.0b2, 2019.3.0a2
Note1: NavMesh script not compatible with 2017.4.26f1 LTS, therefore, could not test
Note2; Standard baking via Navigation window works as intended
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"