Search Issue Tracker
[Multiplayer] Inconsistency in order of Start() and OnStartAuthority() calls on the Host and Client
Inconsistency in order of Start() and OnStartAuthority() calls on the Spawnable Objects between Host and Client:
- on the Host - first is Start() called
- on the Client - first is OnStartAuthority()
How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
--- please see attached video in comments ---
1 Open attached project and open scene "sc1"
2 Press Play -> LAN Host and press "Space"-button on the keyboard - notice that Start() is called first (logs in the Console)
3 Exit Play mode
4 Build and Run Standalone player and start "Server Only"
5 In Editor press Play and start "Client" -> then press "Space"-button on the keyboard - notice that OnStartAuthority() is called first (logs in the Console)
as you can see in the Console - the order of calling Start() and OnStartAuthority() is different
order of calling Start() and OnStartAuthority() should be the same on the Host and on the Client
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open