Search Issue Tracker
[Multiplayer] Inconsistency in order of Start() and OnStartAuthority() calls on the Host and Client
Inconsistency in order of Start() and OnStartAuthority() calls on the Spawnable Objects between Host and Client:
- on the Host - first is Start() called
- on the Client - first is OnStartAuthority()
How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
--- please see attached video in comments ---
1 Open attached project and open scene "sc1"
2 Press Play -> LAN Host and press "Space"-button on the keyboard - notice that Start() is called first (logs in the Console)
3 Exit Play mode
4 Build and Run Standalone player and start "Server Only"
5 In Editor press Play and start "Client" -> then press "Space"-button on the keyboard - notice that OnStartAuthority() is called first (logs in the Console)
as you can see in the Console - the order of calling Start() and OnStartAuthority() is different
order of calling Start() and OnStartAuthority() should be the same on the Host and on the Client
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode
- Memory gets allocated for GC each frame when using PrefabStageUtility.GetPrefabStage
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- [Preset] Some properties cannot be excluded from Texture Importer Preset through the Inspector window