Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Won't Fix in 5.6.X
[MSE] Additively loaded scenes use light probe data from first loaded scene
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "825492.zip"
2. Inspect all of the scenes, notice that each has lightprobes baked individually
3. Open scene "Scene_A" and drop "Scene_B" to hierarchy to enable MSE
4. Move green light of scene "Scene_A" and notice that light probes of "Scene_B" uses light of "Scene_A" but whole group of scenes use probe position of "Scene_B"
Reproduced with: 5.3.6p2, 5.4.0p4, 5.5.0b1
Apr 24, 2020 13:14
This for instance does not work:
Apr 24, 2020 12:48
How is LightProbes.Tetrahedralize supposed to work? I load a scene additively with 2019.3.1f1 and 2020.1.0a23 and it still doesn't do what it is supposed to.
Aug 18, 2019 20:34
This is still an issue in Unity 2019.2.0
- Aaron Bergquist
Sr Unity Developer & 3D Art Director
Feb 25, 2019 22:26
Is there a chance to get a fix for 2018.3.6 + or has someone found a workaround.
Sep 26, 2018 18:07
We have problem still in 2018.2
Jul 25, 2018 09:11
Is there a possible fix for this yet? Finding it extremely difficult to work with multiple scenes and combining light probe groups.
Jul 11, 2018 08:29
Very disappointed to see that the only progess made on this if you can call it that, up to 2018.2 is to include a warning message telling people this aint going to work!
As there is now no option to vote on this due to it being "Postponed" I'm afraid I will have to vote with my wallet and cancel my subscription to Unity Plus.
Apr 03, 2018 16:06
Feb 22, 2018 16:02
Still happening in 2017.3.1f1, hope it gets fixed soon or I will have to change my scenes from additive to single mode...
Feb 15, 2018 06:51
Not fixed in 2017.3.0f3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
This issue has been fixed with introducing the light probe merging feature for additively loaded scenes: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/LightProbes.Tetrahedralize.html. If you still can reproduce it after applying this feature, feel free to reopen the case.