Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.0
MonoDevelop doesn't start - solved by overwriting glibsharpglue-2.dll
The problem is not with the Unity editor itself, but rather with the bundled Monodevelop with the initial install. I'm participating in a game jam and picked up Unity to assist in the game development. After initial setup I tried opening a script from the example 2D project. Everytime I would try to open a script the Monodevelop starting logo would appear, but then it would immeadiately crash. There was no error or pop up to accompany the crash. Eventually I found the solution online. There seems to be a problem with the glibsharpglue-2.dll in the bin folder of Monodevelop. The solution I found was to download the file from the previous verison of Unity/Monodevelop and replace the existing file with the previous version.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect
- New Lighting Settings wipes the settings in the Lighting Window
- Splash screen animation continues playing in the background while resolution is being changed upon launching the player
- Video won't play at start of scene