Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Modifying Asset .meta files directly does not rebuild Library
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Click the 'Wall' prefab
3. In the Inspector tab go down to Asset Labels
4. Add a label 'Wall' to the prefab and Save project
5. Locate the prefab in your OS' File Explorer
6. Open the 'Wall.prefab.meta' file with a text editor
7. Remove the lines 'labels: - Wall ' and save
8. Check back in Unity Editor and notice that the prefab still has the label 'Wall'
Note: After restarting Unity, the label still persists, while the .meta file contains no labels
Workaround: Library folder needs to be deleted to update Asset changes
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio