Search Issue Tracker
Status: Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Modifying Asset .meta files directly does not rebuild Library
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Click the 'Wall' prefab
3. In the Inspector tab go down to Asset Labels
4. Add a label 'Wall' to the prefab and Save project
5. Locate the prefab in your OS' File Explorer
6. Open the 'Wall.prefab.meta' file with a text editor
7. Remove the lines 'labels: - Wall ' and save
8. Check back in Unity Editor and notice that the prefab still has the label 'Wall'
Note: After restarting Unity, the label still persists, while the .meta file contains no labels
Workaround: Library folder needs to be deleted to update Asset changes
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- RectMask2D masks a child game object even if it is in the boundaries.
- [UI] Tiled Image stretches sprite borders in Tight mesh mode
- Child UI elements in parent Canvas cannot be configured after changing their Anchor preset and previewing it
- [iOS] Audio playback doesn't start immediately after resuming an app
- Can't install Unity 2017.1.0a1 on Windows 10 (Error: Unity requires Windows7 or later!)