Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Model importer cannot be scripted to fill in the Avatar for animations without errors or manual work
Model importer cannot be scripted to fill in the Avatar for animations without errors or manual work. User has to take the extra step of pressing "Update" in the model import settings to make it work. This is really not ideal as it bars the possibility of fully automating this process.
1. Open the attached project.
2. Open "AnimationPostProcessor.cs" in the “Scripts” -folder and set "variable_case2" to true.
3. Reimport "@Idle_Case2_Anim.fbx" from inside of the “Animation” -folder (Right mouse button > Reimport).
4. Observe the Inspector Import Settings view.
- There will be Errors(s) found. If the user clicks on the Update -button, the problem will be fixed, but this step cannot be automated through script, requiring manual work by the user.
- The file should now use the assigned Human Avatar from another file.
- The problem persists on Generic avatars also, it will prompt the update button on the import settings but without giving any errors.
2017.1.5f1, 2017.2.3p2, 2017.4.8f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.1f1, 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI
- Unity overrides certain scripts even when they are named differently
- [WebGL] VideoPlayer's video clip is not displayed on the Plane