Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[Mobile] Reference to TouchScreenKeyboard in InputField.OnEndEdit event is lost instantly after closing the Keyboard
1. Download and open attached "UnityBugReport.zip" project.
2. Build and run to any android or iOS device.
3. Enter some text into the Input Field and press OK.
Expected result: Inputted text is updated in the text gameObject above the input field. Reference to the TouchScreen Keyboard in OnEndEdit event is not lost instantly after closing TouchScreen Keyboard. Reference to keyboard remains when event code is being executed.
Actual result: Text is not updated. After pressing OK on keyboard it is closed and reference to TouchScreen Keyboard is lost in OnEndEdit event. Therefore, there is no way to check TouchScreen Keyboard status in OnEndEdit event.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a5, 2017.3.0b10, 2017.2.0p2, 2017.1.2p3, 5.6.4p3, 5.5.5p1.
Devices Under Test:
Google Pixel XL*, OS:8.0.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Adreno (TM) 530,
Samsung SM G903F*, OS:6.0.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Mali-T720,
Samsung SM G928F*, OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Mali-T760,
iPod 6th gen iOS10.2.1
Notes: Issue prevents users from getting TouchScreen Keyboard state in OnEndEdit event. The intention is to know if user did exit the keyboard by cancelling the input or validating it by pressing OK. Since the reference to keyboard is lost in that event, there is no way to know what users actions were.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default
- [iOS] In the generated XCode project all files which are in a ".plugin" Plug-in file becomes a Folder
- [Editor][UI] Dpad is not listed in the Binding Path when Action type is Vector2