Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Missing Components don't appear in the Inspector when in Prefab Mode and a misleading message is shown
1. Open user attached project
2. Open scene "SampleScene"
3. Select "ThirdPersonController" in the Hierarchy
4. Notice the warning in the Console: "Creating editor inspector failed: input objects don't reference to the same script."
5. See the "Nothing Selected (Removed)" components in the Inspector, right click on them and observe the Console
6. Notice the message in the Inspector: "Components that are only on some of the selected objects cannot be multi-edited"
7. Open the prefab in Prefab Mode and notice that missing components are gone
Expected: You're able to see and remove missing or removed components in Prefab Mode.
Actual: NullReferenceException is thrown when right-clicking missing components in the Inspector. Missing components dis-appear in Prefab Mode and can't be removed. A warning appears in the Console when selecting the Prefab.
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0b3, 2019.1.0a2
Fixed in: 2019.1.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true
- [Android] Duplicate fingers reported in InputSystem.EnhancedTouch.Touch.activeFingers array
- [Android] The Player freezes with no logs when running on some devices