Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Missing Components don't appear in the Inspector when in Prefab Mode and a misleading message is shown
1. Open user attached project
2. Open scene "SampleScene"
3. Select "ThirdPersonController" in the Hierarchy
4. Notice the warning in the Console: "Creating editor inspector failed: input objects don't reference to the same script."
5. See the "Nothing Selected (Removed)" components in the Inspector, right click on them and observe the Console
6. Notice the message in the Inspector: "Components that are only on some of the selected objects cannot be multi-edited"
7. Open the prefab in Prefab Mode and notice that missing components are gone
Expected: You're able to see and remove missing or removed components in Prefab Mode.
Actual: NullReferenceException is thrown when right-clicking missing components in the Inspector. Missing components dis-appear in Prefab Mode and can't be removed. A warning appears in the Console when selecting the Prefab.
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0b3, 2019.1.0a2
Fixed in: 2019.1.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode