Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
'Missing Behavior' component can not be seen or removed from Game Objects it was assigned to
After a script is deleted, it is impossible to see the 'Missing Behavior' component to remove it from game objects it was assigned to.
1. Download attached project "BehaviourMissing.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "BehaviourMissing" scene
3. Enter to Play mode
To reproduce from scratch:
1. Create a C# Script called "TestingScript.cs"
2. Create a "TestingGameObject" GameObject in the Scene
3. Assign TestingScript.cs to TestingGameObject
4. Run. Ensure no warnings
5. Delete TestingScript.cs. Do not delete TestingGameObject
6. Look at TestingGameObject. It says it is missing the script (normal)
8. Warning about missing behavior appears (NORMAL & EXPECTED)
9. Stop the Scene
10. Look at the TestingGameObject
Expected Result: GameObject should have an empty script entry with 'Missing Behaviour' so you can add a new one or remove it.
Actual Result: The missing behavior can not be seen. No way to delete or reassign it. You need to delete the game object to get rid of the warnings.
Reproduced on Unity 2017.1.0b6, 2017.1.0b8 and 2017.2.0a2
Not reproduced on Unity 2017.1.0b5
Regression on Unity 2017.1.0b6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building Unity editor via CI results in "System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path" error
- [Editor] Side panel and graph divider gets stuck when dragged after selecting transition from Any State in Animator Window
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs