Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Metal] Unity returns that it only supports 8 compute buffers with metal graphics API when it actually supports 32
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1299759"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Press on the white Cube
Expected results: Unity will return the number that is actually available on the device (On Mac it should be 32)
Actual results: Unity returns lower or higher values than actually available on the device (On Mac it shows just 8)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b1,
Unable to test with: 2018.4 due to project breaking from downgrading
- macOS and IOS with Metal seem to constantly reproduce this issue.
- Pressing on the Cube will enable 10 compute buffers and then display the cube if according to the console or the red text in the project the supported buffer count is lower then 10 but the Cube is still displayed which means that the device actually supports 10 or more compute buffers and Unity is just displaying them wrong(This happens with IOS and macOS)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “VideoPlayer.DecodeNextFrame” continues decoding in Profiler when the Video Clip has finished playing
- The Update function is not called in WebGL when the browser is minimized
- [Linux] Unity Editor fails to import the project in batch mode when building on the Linux VM environment
- No available method to copy the names of Matching Selectors when using UI Builder
- Inspector freezes and "NullReferenceException" errors are thrown when "Edit Glyph" button is clicked