Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] Performance degradation on iOS devices
1. Open the GraphicsPerf project with Unity 2018.2;
2. Change Graphics API to Metal;
3. Build and run DynamicVBO, Lights, Materials, Particles, ParticlesCollision and Tesselation scenes on iOS devices.
4. Repeat all steps with Unity 2018.3.0a6;
5. Compare frame time.
Important: let devices to cool down between each run.
Expected result: performance increases or at least remains the same.
Actual results: frame times increase 6-12% in trunk, even 40% with some devices.
Devices under testing:
-iPad Mini 4 (SoC: A8, iOS: 11.4),
-iPhone SE (SoC: A9, iOS: 10.0.1),
-iPhone X (SoC: A11, iOS: 11.4),
-iPad 5th gen (SoC: A9, iOS: 10.3).
Tested with: 2018.1.f1 and 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VCS] Improve UI/UX of connection params (history of previous params, auto-find p4config, etc.)
- [VCS] After working offline in Perforce, show UI for "p4 reconcile" or some other way of getting in sync
- [VCS] UI lacks a File History window (note: needs plugin changes, UI work)
- [VCS] Version Control window context menu: add "Open in P4V" and tweak wording
- [VCS] Perforce/etc. settings could really use a separate entry in Project Settings sidebar