Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] Half-precision literal in HLSL is translated to float literal by Metal shader compiler
1) Open the attached project (HLSLHalfLiteralBecomesMetalFloatLiteral.zip).
2) Open "MobileBloom.shader".
3) Observe the literal "half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h)" in "half4 fragBloom ( v2f_simple i ) : SV_Target".
4) Select "MobileBloom.shader".
5) Open drop-down menu of the "Compile and show code" button in the inspector window.
6) Tick "Custom:", then under "Custom:" tick "Metal".
7) Push the "Compile and show code" button to view View "Compiled-Hidden-FastBloom.shader" file.
8) Observe the literal "float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978)" in "fragment Mtl_FragmentOut xlatMtlMain".
This doesn't occur when compiling to OpenGL.
- float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978) is generated in the Metal shader.
- half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h) is generated in the Metal shader.
2017.1.0f3, 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f3, 5.5.0p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes on UI::Canvas::CheckConsistency when importing prefab
- Blend Trees give non-linear root motion and blending when using Mecanim
- [Windows Standalone] Aspect Ratio change in Exclusive Fullscreen mode creates an offset for the cursor.
- [WindowsMR][Remoting] - With the Enable Mixed Reality Remoting apps fail to launch correclty
- 3D model becomes corrupted when the editor is attempted to be closed during probuilder subdivision