Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
[Metal] Half-precision literal in HLSL is translated to float literal by Metal shader compiler
1) Open the attached project (HLSLHalfLiteralBecomesMetalFloatLiteral.zip).
2) Open "MobileBloom.shader".
3) Observe the literal "half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h)" in "half4 fragBloom ( v2f_simple i ) : SV_Target".
4) Select "MobileBloom.shader".
5) Open drop-down menu of the "Compile and show code" button in the inspector window.
6) Tick "Custom:", then under "Custom:" tick "Metal".
7) Push the "Compile and show code" button to view View "Compiled-Hidden-FastBloom.shader" file.
8) Observe the literal "float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978)" in "fragment Mtl_FragmentOut xlatMtlMain".
This doesn't occur when compiling to OpenGL.
- float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978) is generated in the Metal shader.
- half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h) is generated in the Metal shader.
2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f3, 5.5.0p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Daydream] Changing volume at the same moment as RenderScale is being changed causes flickering or black view
- [VR] Google VR SDK for Unity asks to enable VR Support but proceeds to build anyway
- [VR]Changing renderViewportScale results in reduction of viewing space for the right eye when using Post Effects
- Plugin's "Platform Settings" value in Inspector is different compared to the meta file
- [Android] Video Player fails to play when application is built with Gradle Build System