Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5, 5.6
[Metal] Half-precision literal in HLSL is translated to float literal by Metal shader compiler
1) Open the attached project (HLSLHalfLiteralBecomesMetalFloatLiteral.zip).
2) Open "MobileBloom.shader".
3) Observe the literal "half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h)" in "half4 fragBloom ( v2f_simple i ) : SV_Target".
4) Select "MobileBloom.shader".
5) Open drop-down menu of the "Compile and show code" button in the inspector window.
6) Tick "Custom:", then under "Custom:" tick "Metal".
7) Push the "Compile and show code" button to view View "Compiled-Hidden-FastBloom.shader" file.
8) Observe the literal "float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978)" in "fragment Mtl_FragmentOut xlatMtlMain".
This doesn't occur when compiling to OpenGL.
- float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978) is generated in the Metal shader.
- half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h) is generated in the Metal shader.
2017.1.0f3, 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f3, 5.5.0p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Warnings are missing when compiling for certain platforms (opengl)
- Scaling problem with PanelSetting set to ScaleWithScreen/Expand
- [Hub] Editor is shown in the "Installing" state indefinitely when the installation fails due to INVALID_DESTINATION error
- Searching packages on an ill-configured scoped registry targeting Google Unity API registry throws an error
- Not possible to deduce the source of 'Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet.' error