Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] Half-precision literal in HLSL is translated to float literal by Metal shader compiler
1) Open the attached project (HLSLHalfLiteralBecomesMetalFloatLiteral.zip).
2) Open "MobileBloom.shader".
3) Observe the literal "half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h)" in "half4 fragBloom ( v2f_simple i ) : SV_Target".
4) Select "MobileBloom.shader".
5) Open drop-down menu of the "Compile and show code" button in the inspector window.
6) Tick "Custom:", then under "Custom:" tick "Metal".
7) Push the "Compile and show code" button to view View "Compiled-Hidden-FastBloom.shader" file.
8) Observe the literal "float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978)" in "fragment Mtl_FragmentOut xlatMtlMain".
This doesn't occur when compiling to OpenGL.
- float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978) is generated in the Metal shader.
- half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h) is generated in the Metal shader.
2017.1.0f3, 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f3, 5.5.0p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Two identical HDRP templates are shown in new project creation when selecting 2019.1.8f1 or 2019.1.7f1 version
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- Serialized bodyMask property appends to itself with each reimport if clipAnimations is modified in OnPostProcess
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.