Search Issue Tracker
[Metal] Half-precision literal in HLSL is translated to float literal by Metal shader compiler
1) Open the attached project (HLSLHalfLiteralBecomesMetalFloatLiteral.zip).
2) Open "MobileBloom.shader".
3) Observe the literal "half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h)" in "half4 fragBloom ( v2f_simple i ) : SV_Target".
4) Select "MobileBloom.shader".
5) Open drop-down menu of the "Compile and show code" button in the inspector window.
6) Tick "Custom:", then under "Custom:" tick "Metal".
7) Push the "Compile and show code" button to view View "Compiled-Hidden-FastBloom.shader" file.
8) Observe the literal "float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978)" in "fragment Mtl_FragmentOut xlatMtlMain".
This doesn't occur when compiling to OpenGL.
- float4(0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978, 0.00999999978) is generated in the Metal shader.
- half4(0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h, 0.01h) is generated in the Metal shader.
2017.1.0f3, 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f3, 5.5.0p4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Having a method called Update in a ScriptableObject causes an error if it has a parameter
- Changing the center of mass makes the Rigidbody constraints fail to lock
- [Collab] Version control mode remains the same after enabling collab, but selection field becomes disabled
- Rendering a mesh using different vertices with same uv-coordinates renders some artifacts around the mesh
- [WebGL] Custom cursor is invisible when using Cursor.SetCursor and CursorMode is set to Auto with Microsoft Edge web browser