Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
MeshTopology.Quads generates a draw call that uses 3 point patches instead of 4 point
According to Unity Documentation (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MeshTopology.Quads.html), MeshTopology.Quads should generate a draw call that uses 4 point patches, however, it uses a 3 point patches instead.
1. Open user's attached project "New Unity Project (3).zip"
2. Open Assets/Sccenes/SampleScene and enter Play mode
3. Record a frame using RenderDoc
4. In RenderDoc, in EventBrowser, select Camera.Render/DrawIndexed()
5. In API Inspector. select ID3D11DeviceContext::IASetPrimativeTopology/Topology
Expected: 4 point patch is used (D3D_PRIMITIVE_TOPOLOGY_4_CONTROL_POINT_PATCHLIST)
Actual: 3 point patch is used (D3D_PRIMITIVE_TOPOLOGY_3_CONTROL_POINT_PATCHLIST)
Reproduced with: 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.8f1, 2018.3.0b2, 2019.1.0a1
Not reproduced with: 2017.4.11f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website