Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
MeshTopology.Quads generates a draw call that uses 3 point patches instead of 4 point
According to Unity Documentation (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MeshTopology.Quads.html), MeshTopology.Quads should generate a draw call that uses 4 point patches, however, it uses a 3 point patches instead.
1. Open user's attached project "New Unity Project (3).zip"
2. Open Assets/Sccenes/SampleScene and enter Play mode
3. Record a frame using RenderDoc
4. In RenderDoc, in EventBrowser, select Camera.Render/DrawIndexed()
5. In API Inspector. select ID3D11DeviceContext::IASetPrimativeTopology/Topology
Expected: 4 point patch is used (D3D_PRIMITIVE_TOPOLOGY_4_CONTROL_POINT_PATCHLIST)
Actual: 3 point patch is used (D3D_PRIMITIVE_TOPOLOGY_3_CONTROL_POINT_PATCHLIST)
Reproduced with: 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.8f1, 2018.3.0b2, 2019.1.0a1
Not reproduced with: 2017.4.11f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode] "InfoPlist (English)" is required when "InfoPlist (English (United States))" already exists
- [tvOS] Crash when closing the On Screen Keyboard with tvOS version <15.0
- Temporal Anti-aliasing (TAA) produces severe artifacting when quality set to Very High
- [iOS] Player crashes when using “WebCamTexture” on specific iOS devices
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player crash call stack is not displayed when the build is run with "-batchmode -nographics" arguments