Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Mesh renderer draw shadows on terrain when painted as a tree even when the cast shadow is set to "OFF"
Mesh renderer draw shadows on terrain when painted as a tree even when the cast shadow is set to "off"
Steps to Repro:
1. Open attached project
2. Hierarchy window > select cube
3. Observe that under mesh renderer cast shadows is off and the cube is not casting a shadow on terrain
4. Select terrain > place tree tab
5. Edit tree > observe that the cube is selected as tree prefab
Though the cast shadow property is set to "Off" for the cube prefab, shadows are generated on the terrain
If cast shadow is set to "Off" for mesh renderer, shadows shouldn't generate if an object is painted as a tree
2018.3.0a2, 2018.2.0b9, 2017.4.4f1, 2017.2.3f1 2017.1.4f1
Windows and Mac
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Build Callbacks] Build is not failing when BuildFailedException is thrown in the PostProcessScene Callback
- [Terrain] The function TerrainData.GetDetailLayer only returns 0 or 1
- [Windows 7] VideoPlayer.Prepare causes a stack overflow crash if Video is loaded from asset bundle
- [WebGL] Mouse input is blocked after a few moves when using Edge browser
- Builds that contain terrain using the Nature/Terrain/Standard shader produce errors when run in headless mode