Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Mesh renderer draw shadows on terrain when painted as a tree even when the cast shadow is set to "OFF"
Mesh renderer draw shadows on terrain when painted as a tree even when the cast shadow is set to "off"
Steps to Repro:
1. Open attached project
2. Hierarchy window > select cube
3. Observe that under mesh renderer cast shadows is off and the cube is not casting a shadow on terrain
4. Select terrain > place tree tab
5. Edit tree > observe that the cube is selected as tree prefab
Though the cast shadow property is set to "Off" for the cube prefab, shadows are generated on the terrain
If cast shadow is set to "Off" for mesh renderer, shadows shouldn't generate if an object is painted as a tree
2018.3.0a2, 2018.2.0b9, 2017.4.4f1, 2017.2.3f1 2017.1.4f1
Windows and Mac
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)