Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Mesh renderer draw shadows on terrain when painted as a tree even when the cast shadow is set to "OFF"
Mesh renderer draw shadows on terrain when painted as a tree even when the cast shadow is set to "off"
Steps to Repro:
1. Open attached project
2. Hierarchy window > select cube
3. Observe that under mesh renderer cast shadows is off and the cube is not casting a shadow on terrain
4. Select terrain > place tree tab
5. Edit tree > observe that the cube is selected as tree prefab
Though the cast shadow property is set to "Off" for the cube prefab, shadows are generated on the terrain
If cast shadow is set to "Off" for mesh renderer, shadows shouldn't generate if an object is painted as a tree
2018.3.0a2, 2018.2.0b9, 2017.4.4f1, 2017.2.3f1 2017.1.4f1
Windows and Mac
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first
- Graphics.DrawProceduralIndirect and Graphics.DrawProceduralNow silently dropped on DX12