Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Mesh renderer draw shadows on terrain when painted as a tree even when the cast shadow is set to "OFF"
Mesh renderer draw shadows on terrain when painted as a tree even when the cast shadow is set to "off"
Steps to Repro:
1. Open attached project
2. Hierarchy window > select cube
3. Observe that under mesh renderer cast shadows is off and the cube is not casting a shadow on terrain
4. Select terrain > place tree tab
5. Edit tree > observe that the cube is selected as tree prefab
Though the cast shadow property is set to "Off" for the cube prefab, shadows are generated on the terrain
If cast shadow is set to "Off" for mesh renderer, shadows shouldn't generate if an object is painted as a tree
2018.3.0a2, 2018.2.0b9, 2017.4.4f1, 2017.2.3f1 2017.1.4f1
Windows and Mac
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Renaming a Scene deletes its GameObjects when a Scene with that name was already deleted
- Crash on GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursively when exiting Play Mode
- [Asset Bundles] Bundles are not cached when using certain request URLs
- [URP] Color correction effects are applied to overlay camera when only being added to the base camera
- Ribbon trail with Attach Ribbons To Transform checked and Simulation Space property set to World is attached to (0,0,0) position