Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
"Merge failure for shared merged PRI file : error 0x80070490" thrown when installing app package targeted for ARM, x86 and x64
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "UWPMergeFail.zip"
2. Open File>Build Settings...
3. Switch Platform to Universal Windows Platform
4. Build the project
5. Open the "UWPMergeFail.sln" solution in the built project folder with Visual Studio
6. Press the right mouse button on "UWPMergeFail" in the "Solution Explorer"
7. Click Publish>Create App Packages
8. Click "Next" 2 times
9. Change "Generate app bundle:" to "Always"
10. Enable "ARM64"
11. Change "Solution Configuration" of every Architecture to "Master"
12. Click "Create"
13. Open the "Output location" of created "App Packages"
14. Press the right mouse button on "Install.ps1"
15. Run with PowerShell
Expected result: App is successfully installed
Actual result: "Merge failure for shared merged PRI file : error 0x80070490" is thrown
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a15, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a14
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.1.0a14
Notes: Does not reproduce when Architecture is set to x86 and x64 only
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Recursive rendering refraction is very different compared to Rasterization/PathTracing
- [VFX] SMR sampling first frame after culling in T-Pose
- Can't select color from Editor with color picker when Unity Editor is on Secondary monitor
- [Linux] "Error while reading movie" errors in Learning templates due to unsupported .mov video format
- [Android] Crash with Signal 11 when opening app from floating icon state