Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.4
Merge conflict in ProjectVersion.txt causes 'Unable to parse file' error on any project opened
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start a new project
2. Open ProjectSettings/ProjectVersion.txt file of your newly created project
3. Write anything in ProjectVersion.txt file or cause a merge conflict to break it
4. Start another new project
5. Notice that the error is still present
Expected result: "Unable to parse file ProjectSettings/ProjectVersion.txt: [mapping values are not allowed in this context] at line 1" error is unclear and should not stay present with any project opened
Reproduced in: 2018.2.0a8, 2018.1.0f, 2017.4.1f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.2p1, 2017.1.3p2
Fixed in: 2019.1.0a6
Workaround: This issue is likely a merge conflict in one of the ProjectVersion.txt files. The error is still present on any new project opened, so for now, it is suggested going through the projects and finding the one ProjectVersion.txt file causing this and deleting it.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build