Search Issue Tracker
Memory overflow after "Could not open file for read" error when opening the project for the first time after upgrade
1. Open project http://bugs04.unity3d.com/fogfiles/884196_aravsen7orukr4to/case_884196-PCE.zip (created in 5.5f2)
2. Agree to upgrading the API
3. Notice the error saying that "Could not open file project_name/library/metadata/5f/5f32cd94baa94578a686d4b9d6b660f7 for read"
4. Press "Cancel"
5. Overflow in memory allocator. error and Unity doesn't start
Regression introduced in 2017.1a4
Reproducible with 2017.1a4, 2017.1b5, 2017.1b7, 2017.2a1
Not reproducible with 5.6, 2017.1a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"