Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1
Memory leak when traversing through prefab instances
Fixed in 5.6.1p2
Simpler way to repro:
1. make sure the SceneWindow is set to Shaded
2. Type anything in HierarchyWindow search field.
3. cause the SceneView to repaint (by clicking on it for instance)
4. notice that each repaint will increase the memory used by unity in the Task manager.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached "910464.zip" project
2. Open scene "test"
3. In project tab, select Cube prefab
4. Right-click it and select "Find References in Scene"
-- Notice that scene background is black instead of usual grey - also a bug
5. In hierarchy, select any of the cube instances
6. Using arrow keys (up/down) traverse though objects
-- Memory starts to build up and Unity (or whole system) freezes
Reproduced with: 5.6.0p4, 5.6.1p1
Doesn't reproduced: 5.6.0p3, 2017.1.0b5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI