Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.X
Memory leak when traversing through prefab instances
Fixed in 5.6.1p2
Simpler way to repro:
1. make sure the SceneWindow is set to Shaded
2. Type anything in HierarchyWindow search field.
3. cause the SceneView to repaint (by clicking on it for instance)
4. notice that each repaint will increase the memory used by unity in the Task manager.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached "910464.zip" project
2. Open scene "test"
3. In project tab, select Cube prefab
4. Right-click it and select "Find References in Scene"
-- Notice that scene background is black instead of usual grey - also a bug
5. In hierarchy, select any of the cube instances
6. Using arrow keys (up/down) traverse though objects
-- Memory starts to build up and Unity (or whole system) freezes
Reproduced with: 5.6.0p4, 5.6.1p1
Doesn't reproduced: 5.6.0p3, 2017.1.0b5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags