Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.19f1, 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a8
Memory leak when previewing a prefab with a scene that has many lights
1. Open attached project (MemLeak.zip)
2. Open Master scene
3. Make sure SceneView is opened and looks at all the lights
4. On ProjectView, select prefab "sleepbag_low_p"
5. Open Windows Task Manager, observe Unity's CPU memory (around 1900MB)
6. On Inspector, rotate the preview
7. Keep rotating the preview and observe Unity's CPU memory (it goes up exponentially, small increase at start and huge increase later)
See attached video for seeing how the memory increases.
This is small repro project so the memory increase takes time to repro, but in the original big project where all the props are there, the memory goes up to 20000+MB in a few seconds.
2022.1.0b7.2713 (76c40b9e7402) + URP 13.1.5
2021.2.11f1.4346 (3015f5ab9d4f) + URP 12.1.4
2020.3.27f1.1527.3 (e759542391ea) + URP 10.8.1 (does not have deferred rendering path)
URP only, Does not repro in builtin RP.
Tested on Win DX11, RTX 3080 Laptop GPU
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Multiple VFX assets cannot be opened in one go
- Rectangle Shape Area Light generates a circle around the rectangle shape
- Action can't be undone after changing the base Controller on the Animator Controller
- The Axes Gizmo is wiggling around when moving around the Scene View with enabled Physical Camera and Isometric View
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled