Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.19f1, 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a8
Memory leak when previewing a prefab with a scene that has many lights
1. Open attached project (MemLeak.zip)
2. Open Master scene
3. Make sure SceneView is opened and looks at all the lights
4. On ProjectView, select prefab "sleepbag_low_p"
5. Open Windows Task Manager, observe Unity's CPU memory (around 1900MB)
6. On Inspector, rotate the preview
7. Keep rotating the preview and observe Unity's CPU memory (it goes up exponentially, small increase at start and huge increase later)
See attached video for seeing how the memory increases.
This is small repro project so the memory increase takes time to repro, but in the original big project where all the props are there, the memory goes up to 20000+MB in a few seconds.
2022.1.0b7.2713 (76c40b9e7402) + URP 13.1.5
2021.2.11f1.4346 (3015f5ab9d4f) + URP 12.1.4
2020.3.27f1.1527.3 (e759542391ea) + URP 10.8.1 (does not have deferred rendering path)
URP only, Does not repro in builtin RP.
Tested on Win DX11, RTX 3080 Laptop GPU
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue