Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.31f1, 2022.3.10f1, 2023.1.13f1, 2023.2.0b9, 2023.3.0a4
Material thumbnail is shown as black when using HDRP/Lit Shader
How to reproduce:
Open the attached project "Material 2022 2 8f1.zip"
Expected results: The thumbnail of "New Material.mat" in the Project window is grey
Actual results: The thumbnail of "New Material.mat" in the Project window is black
Reproducible with: 2021.3.18f1, 2021.3.20f1, 2022.2.10f1, 2023.1.0b7, 2023.2.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.46f1, 2021.3.17f1
Reproducible on: Windows 10
Note: Also reproducible with Prefab Previews (Prefab Previews are darkened / show the material on it as black, no details are visible)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"