Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Material has false ID and the Path is not defined when checking reference on Awake in Prefab Mode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Project "MaterialReferenceBug"
2. Select GameObject Prefab in the Assets Folder
3. Open "Sini" Tab in the Top Menu Bar and press "Check Reference and Renderer"
4. Check the Console and take note of the Material ID
5. Select GameObject in the Scene Hierarchy
6. Open "Sini" Tab in the Top Menu Bar and press "Check Reference and Renderer"
7. Check the Console and take note of the Material ID, it matches the previous ID
8. Select GameObject Prefab in the Assets Folder and press Open Prefab
9. Material ID is different and Path is no longer defined
Expected results: Material ID is referenced consistently in Prefab Mode, Scene Hierarchy and Assets Folder for the same GameObject, the Path is defined
Actual results: Material ID in the Prefab Mode is referenced differently from the ID in Scene Hierarchy and Assets Folder, the Path is no longer defined
Reproducible with: 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b3, 2019.2.0a5
Note: Improved Prefabs were introduced in 2018.3.0a6
Update: fixed in 2018.3.10f1, 2019.1.0b6, 2019.2.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy