Search Issue Tracker
Material has false ID and the Path is not defined when checking reference on Awake in Prefab Mode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Project "MaterialReferenceBug"
2. Select GameObject Prefab in the Assets Folder
3. Open "Sini" Tab in the Top Menu Bar and press "Check Reference and Renderer"
4. Check the Console and take note of the Material ID
5. Select GameObject in the Scene Hierarchy
6. Open "Sini" Tab in the Top Menu Bar and press "Check Reference and Renderer"
7. Check the Console and take note of the Material ID, it matches the previous ID
8. Select GameObject Prefab in the Assets Folder and press Open Prefab
9. Material ID is different and Path is no longer defined
Expected results: Material ID is referenced consistently in Prefab Mode, Scene Hierarchy and Assets Folder for the same GameObject, the Path is defined
Actual results: Material ID in the Prefab Mode is referenced differently from the ID in Scene Hierarchy and Assets Folder, the Path is no longer defined
Reproducible with: 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b3, 2019.2.0a5
Note: Improved Prefabs were introduced in 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default