Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1, 2017.2
Material and Sprite of a Sprite Renderer are not changed while using "Material Reference" in Animation
1. Open the attached project "Material animation bug report.zip";
2. Open the MaterialAnimation.unity scene and enter a play mode;
3. Observe the console.
Expected result: the material of a sprite renderer should be changed using the property "Material Reference".
Actual result: the error appears in the console (instead of changing the material):
"PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from Material to Sprite!"
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0p3, 2017.2.0b9, 2017.3.0a6.
Not reproduced: 5.5.3p3, 5.6.3p2, 2017.1.0p2.
Regression firstly introduced: 2017.1.0p3.
Fixed in: 2017.1.1p3, 2017.3.0a8.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Editor is shown in the "Installing" state indefinitely when the installation fails due to INVALID_DESTINATION error
- Searching packages on an ill-configured scoped registry targeting Google Unity API registry throws an error
- Not possible to deduce the source of 'Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet.' error
- [MacOS] Mouse input gets interrupted when changing values in inspector by dragging mouse
- Adding/removing components expands collapsed components view in the Inspector window