Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X
Material and Sprite of a Sprite Renderer are not changed while using "Material Reference" in Animation
1. Open the attached project "Material animation bug report.zip";
2. Open the MaterialAnimation.unity scene and enter a play mode;
3. Observe the console.
Expected result: the material of a sprite renderer should be changed using the property "Material Reference".
Actual result: the error appears in the console (instead of changing the material):
"PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from Material to Sprite!"
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0p3, 2017.2.0b9, 2017.3.0a6.
Not reproduced: 5.5.3p3, 5.6.3p2, 2017.1.0p2.
Regression firstly introduced: 2017.1.0p3.
Fixed in: 2017.1.1p3, 2017.3.0a8.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GUIUtility.hotControl controlID value does not change when clicking with the Left Mouse Button
- ScriptableObject.OnDestroy is not called after Respouces.UnloadUnusedAssets
- UI stops rendering when WaterSurface's Caustics are enabled
- Black screen frame appears in the WebGL Player when the Unity loading screen is over
- Crash on WriteParticleLineVertex when the "Generate Lighting Data" property is enabled in the Particle System