Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3.0f3
Material and Sprite of a Sprite Renderer are not changed while using "Material Reference" in Animation
1. Open the attached project "Material animation bug report.zip";
2. Open the MaterialAnimation.unity scene and enter a play mode;
3. Observe the console.
Expected result: the material of a sprite renderer should be changed using the property "Material Reference".
Actual result: the error appears in the console (instead of changing the material):
"PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from Material to Sprite!"
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0p3, 2017.2.0b9, 2017.3.0a6.
Not reproduced: 5.5.3p3, 5.6.3p2, 2017.1.0p2.
Regression firstly introduced: 2017.1.0p3.
Fixed in: 2017.1.1p3, 2017.3.0a8.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tiled Sprites imported to newer versions from versions 5.4 and lower throw an Advanced Texture error that can't be fixed
- NavMesh.SamplePosition calculates position between nearest points incorrectly
- [UI] InputFiled Character Limit causes ArgumentOutOfRange exception while selecting text in Inspector
- [IMGUIContainer] Changing the transform.position of UIElements causes the position of the tooltip to shift
- [OSX] Chinese keyboard input (pinyin) are not recognized by Input.compositionString and Input.inputString