Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1, 2017.2
Material and Sprite of a Sprite Renderer are not changed while using "Material Reference" in Animation
1. Open the attached project "Material animation bug report.zip";
2. Open the MaterialAnimation.unity scene and enter a play mode;
3. Observe the console.
Expected result: the material of a sprite renderer should be changed using the property "Material Reference".
Actual result: the error appears in the console (instead of changing the material):
"PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from Material to Sprite!"
Reproduced on: 2017.1.0p3, 2017.2.0b9, 2017.3.0a6.
Not reproduced: 5.5.3p3, 5.6.3p2, 2017.1.0p2.
Regression firstly introduced: 2017.1.0p3.
Fixed in: 2017.1.1p3, 2017.3.0a8.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- If a windowed list expands across the whole screen, mouse wheel and keyboard jump doesn't work on PC
- [iOS] Point Light reflection disappears when material metal smoothness is above 0.91
- [Animation] Animation Clips are populated from the Animator, but not the Animation Component
- [Mobile] Using "RGB(A) Compressed ASTC" Compressor Quality produces artifacts
- Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets does not unload unused Asset Bundle assets before the Asset Bundle itself is unloaded