Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "SampleScene"
2. Enter the Play Mode
3. Listen for the sound cues
Expected result: Sounds for "Left", "Center", "Right", "Right Surround", "Left Surround" matches the output audio channels
Actual result: Sounds for "Left", "Center", "Right", "Right Surround", "Left Surround" doesn't match the output audio channels
Reproducible with: 2018.4.32f1, 2019.4.21f1, 2020.3.0f1, 2021.1.0b10, 2021.2.0a8
Workaround: Issue is not reproducible when Video Player's Audio Output Mode is set to "Direct"
Note: Issue can be heard on a stereo audio setup
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Channel order convention from Apple's and libvorbis APIs differ for 5.1 and 7.1. Made needed adjustments. Fixed in Unity 2021.2.0a17