Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
[MacOS] Standalone Player crashes at launch when the width / height is set to 0.
When the Standalone Player width / height is set to 0, the Player crashes at launch.
Due to the Screenmanager info is saved in the file named in Bundle Identifier, and the setting does not update automatically when create new project. Several projects can end up sharing the same .plist file.
If one of them set the Player height/width to 0, it affects all other projects with the default Bundle Identifier settings, creating the illusion that "all projects crash at launch."
1. Open 2018.2.0b11 Unity Build with an existing project or create a new one.
2. Build the standalone player with height/width set to 0.
3. Launch the built Player.
It seems the crash has nothing to do with the Player Settings.
Though it crashes for both Metal and OpenGL Graphic APIs, it crashes for different reasons.
More information will be in the comment sections for better separation.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Solution is created with "Data\Resources" directory which should not exist
- Audio clips on scene end while switching scenes when one scene has Timeline audio playing
- [Hub] Can trigger multiple concurrent Hub installations of the same editor version via Hub link
- [GI - Lightmapper] Invalid texels are not treated the same way in CPU and GPU lightmapper
- Canvas rect returning incorrect size when switching aspect ratios in the Game view