Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
[macOS][Metal] Internal compute shader error on metal
1. Open attached project
Actual: CopyCPUParticleToNewParticle shader doesn't compile and errors are thrown in console:
Compute Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader platform=14: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number
Compute Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader platform=15: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number
Shader error in 'CopyCPUParticleToNewParticle.compute': Internal error communicating with the compute shader compiler process
Reproducible: 5.5.1p2, 5.6.0b8
Workaround: To activate the workaround just change the #if 0 to 1 in the compute shader at the top of the text file.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first