Search Issue Tracker
Status: Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
[macOS][Metal] Internal compute shader error on metal
1. Open attached project
Actual: CopyCPUParticleToNewParticle shader doesn't compile and errors are thrown in console:
Compute Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader platform=14: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number
Compute Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader platform=15: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number
Shader error in 'CopyCPUParticleToNewParticle.compute': Internal error communicating with the compute shader compiler process
Reproducible: 5.5.1p2, 5.6.0b8
Workaround: To activate the workaround just change the #if 0 to 1 in the compute shader at the top of the text file.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- WebGL build does not comply with Input.simulateMouseWithTouches on mobile
- Animator keeps StateMachine state when disabling GameObject
- Changes in behavior of AnimatorIK while editor is stopped
- In the "Lighting" window, the object added to the "Sun" doesn't save.
- Null character in InputField causes exception in InputField.MoveTextEnd