Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
[macOS][Metal] Internal compute shader error on metal
1. Open attached project
Actual: CopyCPUParticleToNewParticle shader doesn't compile and errors are thrown in console:
Compute Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader platform=14: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number
Compute Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader platform=15: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number
Shader error in 'CopyCPUParticleToNewParticle.compute': Internal error communicating with the compute shader compiler process
Reproducible: 5.5.1p2, 5.6.0b8
Workaround: To activate the workaround just change the #if 0 to 1 in the compute shader at the top of the text file.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"