Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[MacOS] "Failed to parse" errors are thrown when building with a macOS plugin bundle that includes embedded .app files
1. Open the user's attached project
2. File -> Build Settings -> Build
3. Observe the console window
Expected result: No errors are thrown in the console
Actual result: Console is filled with "Failed to parse" errors
Reproducible with: 2020.3.0f1, 2020.3.11f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.2.0a8, 2021.2.0a19
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.2.0a7
Reproducible with Apple Silicon, Intel, or both.
Reproducible with both Mono and IL2CPP.
From 2021.2.0a9, the build fails instead of succeeding and throwing errors
Failed to parse '/Users/username/Downloads/case_1330017-MacBundleIssueRepro/Temp/StagingArea/testBuild.app/Contents/PlugIns/VuplexWebViewMac.bundle/Contents/Frameworks/Vuplex WebView.app/Contents/Info.plist'.
2021.2.0a9+ Build errors:
Building /Users/username/Downloads/case_1330017-MacBundleIssueRepro/testBuild.app/Contents/PlugIns/VuplexWebViewMac.bundle/Contents/Info.plist failed with output:
Failed because this command failed to write the following output files:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.0a10
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0b15
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.24f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.20f1