Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[MacOS] "Failed to parse" errors are thrown when building with a macOS plugin bundle that includes embedded .app files
1. Open the user's attached project
2. File -> Build Settings -> Build
3. Observe the console window
Expected result: No errors are thrown in the console
Actual result: Console is filled with "Failed to parse" errors
Reproducible with: 2020.3.0f1, 2020.3.11f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.2.0a8, 2021.2.0a19
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.2.7f1, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.2.0a7
Reproducible with Apple Silicon, Intel, or both.
Reproducible with both Mono and IL2CPP.
From 2021.2.0a9, the build fails instead of succeeding and throwing errors
Failed to parse '/Users/username/Downloads/case_1330017-MacBundleIssueRepro/Temp/StagingArea/testBuild.app/Contents/PlugIns/VuplexWebViewMac.bundle/Contents/Frameworks/Vuplex WebView.app/Contents/Info.plist'.
2021.2.0a9+ Build errors:
Building /Users/username/Downloads/case_1330017-MacBundleIssueRepro/testBuild.app/Contents/PlugIns/VuplexWebViewMac.bundle/Contents/Info.plist failed with output:
Failed because this command failed to write the following output files:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true