Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[macOS] "Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package" is thrown when importing a specific .unitypackage
How to reproduce:
1. Create an empty project
2. Import the attached "test.unitypackage"
3. Observe the Console Window
Expected result: No errors are thrown and the package is imported
Actual result: "Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package" error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.8f1, 2020.1.3f1, 2020.2.0a21
Note: Not reproducible on Windows
Aug 19, 2020 20:09
This issue only happens using MacOS Mojave 10.14
When exporting a unitypackage that has files such as textures, fonts, sounds etc. that you have imported yourself, then the unitypackage will not import, not even in the same project you used to export the package.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in Unity 2021.1.0a1