Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2021.3.X, 2022.3.X, 2023.1.X
Fix In Review for 2023.2.0a19
[MacOS] Crash on objc_msgSend when the Editor UI gets redrawn
1. Open the attached project “UICrash”
2. Open VersionInfo.uxml
3. Use UI Toolkit (Make changes to components, add new ones)
Reproducible with: 2021.3.18f1, 2022.2.5f1, 2023.1.0b12, 2023.2.0a10
Could not test with: 2020.3.47f1 (No local reproduction)
Reproducible on: macOS 13.X (M1, M2 and Intel)
Users have reported this crash with various steps and this is one of the scenarios where it reproduces.
The reproduction rate is very low and inconsistent.
All information is gathered from user reports as there is no reliable reproduction.
First few lines of stack trace:
#0 0x000001a1fb5808 in objc_msgSend
#1 0x000001a334344c in __NSFireTimer
#2 0x12118001a241b54c in __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_TIMER_CALLBACK_FUNCTION__
#3 0xa0758001a241b1f4 in __CFRunLoopDoTimer
#4 0x75430001a241ad4c in __CFRunLoopDoTimers
#5 0x7110001a2400734 in __CFRunLoopRun
#6 0x682f8001a23ff878 in CFRunLoopRunSpecific
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Vertex data is displaced when building with Addressables with Optimize Mesh Data enabled
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
May 18, 2023 20:46
I've noticed at times som references to QT and threading issues. Is this what is causing this?
May 08, 2023 08:53
This is a critical fix as it makes the entire editor completely unusable, with crash after crash. The bug was ignored for a long time, glad you are finally acknowledging it, but this should be high priority. It brings development to a complete halt.
P.S. Who is the MacOS/Apple Silicon Manager? The need to be held accountable for their complete failure.