Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[Mac] Build throws an error when a native plugin .bundle file does not contain info.plist file
1. Open the attached project "BundleSigningTest.zip"
2. Go to File > Build settings
3. Build and Run the project
Expected result: No errors are thrown in the Console window
Actual result: Error is thrown in the Console window
Reproducible with: 2020.3.0f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.7f1
- Unity 2020.3 is built using Xcode 12, and Xcode 12 adds new signing requirements with the introduction of Apple Silicon devices. Unity signs your built app so that macOS doesn’t complain about invalid signatures
- Original error: "Could not find a plist file at '/Users/name/Desktop/1360646_BundleSigningTest (1) 4/Temp/StagingArea/test1.app/Contents/PlugIns/AkSoundEngineX.bundle/Contents/Info.plist'.
- On Unity versions 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6 another error is thrown if "FixMissingPlists" script is not enabled: "Building test123.app/Contents/PlugIns/AkSoundEngineX.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AkSoundEngineX failed with output:
Failed because this command failed to write the following output files:
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Particle System isn't culled off-screen when the Culling Mode is set to Automatic and the Simulation Space is set to World
- [SceneView] Spline Knot placement ignores the visibility flags on gameobject
- 2px Softness is applied to RectMask2D when the Camera is set to Orthographic
- ShaderKeywordSet:GetEnabledKeywords crash
- FP32 is used for a temporary when compiling a shader for GLES or Vulkan