Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[Mac] Build throws an error when a native plugin .bundle file does not contain info.plist file
1. Open the attached project "BundleSigningTest.zip"
2. Go to File > Build settings
3. Build and Run the project
Expected result: No errors are thrown in the Console window
Actual result: Error is thrown in the Console window
Reproducible with: 2020.3.0f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.7f1
- Unity 2020.3 is built using Xcode 12, and Xcode 12 adds new signing requirements with the introduction of Apple Silicon devices. Unity signs your built app so that macOS doesn’t complain about invalid signatures
- Original error: "Could not find a plist file at '/Users/name/Desktop/1360646_BundleSigningTest (1) 4/Temp/StagingArea/test1.app/Contents/PlugIns/AkSoundEngineX.bundle/Contents/Info.plist'.
- On Unity versions 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6 another error is thrown if "FixMissingPlists" script is not enabled: "Building test123.app/Contents/PlugIns/AkSoundEngineX.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AkSoundEngineX failed with output:
Failed because this command failed to write the following output files:
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)"
May 13, 2022 12:35
We are seeing the failed to write CodeResources error on Unity 2021.3.2f1, in the notes above it mentions it's resolved by enabling `FixMissingPlists` script but there is no context to what that is or how to enable it.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0a10
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0b15
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.24f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.20f1