Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[Mac] Build throws an error when a native plugin .bundle file does not contain info.plist file
1. Open the attached project "BundleSigningTest.zip"
2. Go to File > Build settings
3. Build and Run the project
Expected result: No errors are thrown in the Console window
Actual result: Error is thrown in the Console window
Reproducible with: 2020.3.0f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.7f1
- Unity 2020.3 is built using Xcode 12, and Xcode 12 adds new signing requirements with the introduction of Apple Silicon devices. Unity signs your built app so that macOS doesn’t complain about invalid signatures
- Original error: "Could not find a plist file at '/Users/name/Desktop/1360646_BundleSigningTest (1) 4/Temp/StagingArea/test1.app/Contents/PlugIns/AkSoundEngineX.bundle/Contents/Info.plist'.
- On Unity versions 2021.2.0b9, 2022.1.0a6 another error is thrown if "FixMissingPlists" script is not enabled: "Building test123.app/Contents/PlugIns/AkSoundEngineX.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AkSoundEngineX failed with output:
Failed because this command failed to write the following output files:
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Screen.MoveMainWindowTo API often fails to switch fullscreen Player between screens on Mac OSX with specific monitors
- log4net error is thrown when using .NET Standard 2.0 for Linux server builds
- "cannot convert from Matrix4x4" and "cannot convert from Vector3" errors when creating App Packages
- [IL2CPP] Unity fails to build when using faulty function with an element being called from null array
- Build progress bar hangs forever when building with IL2CPP