Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Loud clicking sound starts playing when selecting more than one audio clip in Project window
Any time User selects multiple sounds (not just one) and no other file type in Project Explorer, such as by holding control and clicking them, or shift-selecting a group of them, a loud popping comes from User speakers. Popping sound continues until User release the media from its highlight, by clicking something else. It's as though it is attempting to play each clip simultaneously. However, before finishing, it gets interrupted by other clips also demanding exclusive speaker output and gets caught in a vicious cycle.
1. Open Unity and create a new project
2. Import audio files from "Sounds_2.zip" to newly created project
3. Select "airplane 1.wav" audio file
4. Turn on Auto Play
5. Select "Orca 1.wav" audio file while holding Ctrl or Shift button
6. Observe that a loud popping starts coming from speakers
- This issue appears both on Windows and OSX
- This doesn't seem to be related to any specific project
Reproduced on Unity 2017.2.0b11, 2017.2.3p1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.6f1, 2018.1.6f1, 2018.2.0b9 and 2018.3.0a2
Not reproduced on Unity 2017.1.4p2 and 2017.2.0b10
Regression on Unity 2017.2.0b11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default