Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Memory usage of Logging remains high when the error messages in the Console are cleared
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1264725.zip"
2. Open the "Test" Scene
3. In the Profiler window enable "Profile Editor", select memory module, switch to "Detailed" mode and click "Take Sample Editor"
4. Enter the Play Mode
5. Wait for 1-2 minutes and click "Take Sample Editor" again
6. Pause the Play Mode, clear the Console window (by clicking "Clear") and click "Take Sample Editor" again
Expected result: after clearing the Console, memory usage of Logging (Other > Logging) dropped to the one seen in 3-rd step
Actual result: after clearing the Console, memory usage dropped a bit but remained high (~30MB)
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.6f1, 2020.1.0f1, 2020.2.0a19
- The more memory is used by the Logging before clearing the Console the more of it is left after clearing (as an example if ~1.5GB memory is used before the Console is cleared, ~400MB will still be used after clearing)
- Tested and reproduced on Windows and MacOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- DirectX12 crash when re-importing a large number of assets
- [UIR] GroupTransform has invalid self-clipping
- Prefab script field reference is lost when project is upgraded
- Editor crashes while exiting play mode
- [Text] Default Text preset is not applied when creating a new Text object