Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Memory usage of Logging remains high when the error messages in the Console are cleared
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1264725.zip"
2. Open the "Test" Scene
3. In the Profiler window enable "Profile Editor", select memory module, switch to "Detailed" mode and click "Take Sample Editor"
4. Enter the Play Mode
5. Wait for 1-2 minutes and click "Take Sample Editor" again
6. Pause the Play Mode, clear the Console window (by clicking "Clear") and click "Take Sample Editor" again
Expected result: after clearing the Console, memory usage of Logging (Other > Logging) dropped to the one seen in 3-rd step
Actual result: after clearing the Console, memory usage dropped a bit but remained high (~30MB)
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.6f1, 2020.1.0f1, 2020.2.0a19
- The more memory is used by the Logging before clearing the Console the more of it is left after clearing (as an example if ~1.5GB memory is used before the Console is cleared, ~400MB will still be used after clearing)
- Tested and reproduced on Windows and MacOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property