Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2021.1
Memory usage of Logging remains high when the error messages in the Console are cleared
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1264725.zip"
2. Open the "Test" Scene
3. In the Profiler window enable "Profile Editor", select memory module, switch to "Detailed" mode and click "Take Sample Editor"
4. Enter the Play Mode
5. Wait for 1-2 minutes and click "Take Sample Editor" again
6. Pause the Play Mode, clear the Console window (by clicking "Clear") and click "Take Sample Editor" again
Expected result: after clearing the Console, memory usage of Logging (Other > Logging) dropped to the one seen in 3-rd step
Actual result: after clearing the Console, memory usage dropped a bit but remained high (~30MB)
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.6f1, 2020.1.0f1, 2020.2.0a19
- The more memory is used by the Logging before clearing the Console the more of it is left after clearing (as an example if ~1.5GB memory is used before the Console is cleared, ~400MB will still be used after clearing)
- Tested and reproduced on Windows and MacOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor error message from IL2CPP on Windows Desktop with specific Visual Studio installation sequence
- [WebGL] Nothing is rendered (the screen is black) in the Player when using Safari
- [CPULM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos
- [Android]APK fails to be registered when building using Keystore with the build
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect