Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
[Linux] Simplified Chinese characters are not supported on Linux
Some Simplified Chinese characters are not supported on Linux builds and Editor.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project.
2) In the Hierarchy right click > UI > Text.
3) In the text.text field paste the following string:
Notice that an empty space and '化字' appear instead of the whole string. Alternatively, open the attached project - the string is cropped upon import.
This also occurs in Linux builds.
Does not reproduce on macOS and Windows.
2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f1, 5.5.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Assertion failed on expression: 'm_PreloadTextureAtlasData.size() == m_DetailPrototypes.size()' when editing a specific terrain
- Baked lighting has artifacts if prefab's preview window is visible during bake process
- [UI] Internal error: Adding for rebuild while in rebuild loop
- Field value target changes if a new element appears above the field that is being scrolled
- Cache Server and asset post-processor can make meta files out of sync with Library folder