Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
[Linux] Simplified Chinese characters are not supported on Linux
Some Simplified Chinese characters are not supported on Linux builds and Editor.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project.
2) In the Hierarchy right click > UI > Text.
3) In the text.text field paste the following string:
Notice that an empty space and '化字' appear instead of the whole string. Alternatively, open the attached project - the string is cropped upon import.
This also occurs in Linux builds.
Does not reproduce on macOS and Windows.
2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f1, 5.5.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor uses Mono C# compiler when platform is set to UWP while other platforms were upgraded to Roslyn
- [OpenGL ES 2] HLSLcc output wrong when creating a macro for dynamic indexing a uniform and that uniform is a matrix
- Gizmos.DrawFrustum draws incorrectly when using Transform.localToWorldMatrix
- Daydream Angular Acceleration is showing incorrect values
- [Presets] New project has 'Missing' presets selected