Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
[Linux] Simplified Chinese characters are not supported on Linux
Some Simplified Chinese characters are not supported on Linux builds and Editor.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project.
2) In the Hierarchy right click > UI > Text.
3) In the text.text field paste the following string:
Notice that an empty space and '化字' appear instead of the whole string. Alternatively, open the attached project - the string is cropped upon import.
This also occurs in Linux builds.
Does not reproduce on macOS and Windows.
2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f1, 5.5.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefab's Transform Position and Rotation are always highlighted even after Applying changes
- [Regression] Clicking Collab window tab while it's open reopens it instead of closing
- LWRP shadow pass doesnt support alpha clip
- [iOS 12] Xcode reports ~4 times higher memory usage on iOS 12 compared to iOS 11
- [iOS] [XR] Device with iOS 8 and iOS 9 hangs when using XRSettings.LoadDeviceByName()