Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[Linux] PlatformImageForIconForExtension Editor log spam when closing the Editor after importing a project
1. Download the attached project: "LogMessage.zip"
2. Delete the Library folder from the project directory
3. Open the project and wait for it to import completely
4. Close the Editor
5. Examine the Editor.log
Expected result: Nothing out of the ordinary can be seen in the Editor.log file
Actual result: The "./Editor/Platform/Linux/TempStubs.cpp:PlatformImageForIconForExtension" message is spammed at the end of the log file
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.3.3f1, 2021.1.0f1, 2021.2.0a10
- Tested on Ubuntu 18.04
- Not reproducible on Windows and macOS
- 2018.4 produces a longer message in the Editor.log: "/home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Platform/Linux/TempStubs.cpp:PlatformImageForIconForExtension"
- It has been reported that this message can be printed over 5000 times in larger projects
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset
- [Mono] Crash on SystemNative_ReadDirR() when building for IOS/Android on a macOS machine