Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[Linux] PlatformImageForIconForExtension Editor log spam when closing the Editor after importing a project
1. Download the attached project: "LogMessage.zip"
2. Delete the Library folder from the project directory
3. Open the project and wait for it to import completely
4. Close the Editor
5. Examine the Editor.log
Expected result: Nothing out of the ordinary can be seen in the Editor.log file
Actual result: The "./Editor/Platform/Linux/TempStubs.cpp:PlatformImageForIconForExtension" message is spammed at the end of the log file
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.3.3f1, 2021.1.0f1, 2021.2.0a10
- Tested on Ubuntu 18.04
- Not reproducible on Windows and macOS
- 2018.4 produces a longer message in the Editor.log: "/home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Platform/Linux/TempStubs.cpp:PlatformImageForIconForExtension"
- It has been reported that this message can be printed over 5000 times in larger projects
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- [UI Builder] Editing uXML file externally opens the ui Builder
- Timeout value does not propagate when using a DelegatingHandler as the main HttpClient handler