Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
[Linux] Having same case-insensitive named assets causes infinite import looping
1) Create a new project
2) Create two sprites in Project Browser
3) Rename them outside of Unity (through Files, for example) so that they're the same name, just with changed case (for example, "square" and "Square")
Expected: Unity either displays one of them or renames it automatically to avoid the identical naming (as OS'es like Windows don't support it)
Actual: An infinite loop is made as it tries to import the two objects. If you rename one of them in Files to break the loop, the project browser is flooded with garbage until you do "Reimport All"
Reproduced in 2019.3.0a1 (although it's much slower here), 2019.3.0b8, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.1.0a11
Not reproduced in 2019.2.5f1, 2019.2.11f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete