Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.11f1, 2022.1.21f1, 2022.2.0b9, 2023.1.0a9
[Linux] Ghost assets are left in the scene while drag and dropping prefabs to Scene while holding Ctrl key
How to reproduce:
1. Create new project
2. Add new Cube to the Hierarchy
3. Make Cube a prefab by dragging it from Hierarchy to Project tab
4. Drag Cube prefab to Scene and before releasing, hold Ctrl key
5. Release mouse button, but keep holding Ctrl key
Expected result: Prefab instance is created and it appears in Hierarchy
Actual result: Ghost prefab is left in Scene, it cannot be selected and it does not appear in Hierarchy
Reproduced with: 2022.1.0a15, 2021.2.3f1
Note: MacOS and Windows do not have this functionality (the cursor doesn't change), so does not reproduce
Once the asset is placed in Scene like that there's no way to delete it.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio