Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Linux] "Fatal error" is thrown when trying to install the Editor using a standalone installer through the terminal
1. Download the Unity standalone installer
2. Perform the unattended install through the terminal
Expected result: The Editor is installed
Actual result: "Fatal error: required formats (xar, cpio, tar, gzip, xz) are not supported by system libarchive" error is thrown and the installation is aborted
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a8, 2020.2.0b11, 2021.1.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.29f1, 2019.4.14f1, 2020.1.13f1, 2021.1.0a3
- Tested on Ubuntu 18.04
- The error is thrown even though both libarchive-dev and libarchive-tools are installed on the system
- Command for the installation:
./UnitySetup --unattended --install-location="/PathTo/Location"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets
- Packages under V2 lifecycle are incorrectly labeled as 'Pre-Release' or 'Release'
- [XR SDK] Single Pass Stereo Instanced rendering breaks when rendering into the shadow map of a spotlight source