Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[Line Renderer] Normals are flipped when using alignment mode "Local"
When using a line renderer with a standard shader, using "View" alignment mode generates a correct mesh but using "Local" alignment mode generates a mesh with flipped normals. I have deduced this by the fact that a light in front of the mesh doesn't affect its lighting but a light behind it affects its lighting.
This is also seen in 2018.2 where "Local" mode has been renamed "Transform Z".
Expected behavior :
In local mode, a light in front the the line renderer mesh will affect its lighting and the mesh will cast shadows.
See attached screenshots and project.
- LineRendererLocal.png : no lighting from the pointlight on the line renderer
- LineRendererView.png : correct lighting from the pointlight on the line renderer
- LineRendererLocalLightBehind : diffuse lighting from the light behind the line renderer affects it
In the Project, open "CableTestScene"
Side bug ?
When using "View" alignment mode, the line renderer's shadow disappears.
Notifying Richard since I believe he has been working on LineRenderers recently.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
- Animation glitches when using animation layering with base layer transition interruption