Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Second time GPU lightmapper is chosen with no supported GPU, no fallback to CPU happens
The baking get stuck when the static object starts to bake with Progressive GPU light mapper the second time.
[PathTracer] Failed to add geometry for mesh 'Cube'; mesh is missing required attribute(s) error is thrown in the console.
Prerequisites: you'll need to have the machine with GPU having <4GB of VRAM
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new Project.
2. Create a static Cube game object.
3. Windows > Rendering > Light Settings.
4. Lightmapping Settings > Lightmapper.
5. Select Progressive GPU(Preview).
7. Lightmapper falls back to CPU.
8. Select Progressive GPU(Preview).
-Baking stalls when the static object starts to bake.
-[PathTracer] Failed to add geometry for mesh 'Cube'; mesh is missing in the console.
-Baking should not be stuck.
-No Errors in the console.
Working Fine in:
Occurs only on Windows.
[PathTracer] Failed to add geometry for mesh 'Cube'; mesh is missing required attribute(s). Please make sure the mesh contains at least positions, normals and texcoord0.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows Player exe contains unwanted properties, causing text "Unity Playback Engine" to appear in task bar when mousing over it
- Changes made by the Script in the UI Document are reset when performing an Undo operation after changing the GameObject with this Script
- Emissive materials are broken when loading Scene via SceneManager.LoadScene
- [URP] [Decals] ProxyLighting Decal shader doesn't work in Screen Space Technique
- "Pin in New Scene Dialog" option position migrates with "Inspector" window resizing