Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Second time GPU lightmapper is chosen with no supported GPU, no fallback to CPU happens
The baking get stuck when the static object starts to bake with Progressive GPU light mapper the second time.
[PathTracer] Failed to add geometry for mesh 'Cube'; mesh is missing required attribute(s) error is thrown in the console.
Prerequisites: you'll need to have the machine with GPU having <4GB of VRAM
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new Project.
2. Create a static Cube game object.
3. Windows > Rendering > Light Settings.
4. Lightmapping Settings > Lightmapper.
5. Select Progressive GPU(Preview).
7. Lightmapper falls back to CPU.
8. Select Progressive GPU(Preview).
-Baking stalls when the static object starts to bake.
-[PathTracer] Failed to add geometry for mesh 'Cube'; mesh is missing in the console.
-Baking should not be stuck.
-No Errors in the console.
Working Fine in:
Occurs only on Windows.
[PathTracer] Failed to add geometry for mesh 'Cube'; mesh is missing required attribute(s). Please make sure the mesh contains at least positions, normals and texcoord0.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh