Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Launcher is stuck on "Loading..." forever while disconnected from the internet
1. Open the Registry Editor ("RegEdit")
2. Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software"
3. Delete "Unity" and "Unity Technologies"
4. Go to "C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Unity" and delete/move everything
5. Go to "C:\ProgramData\Unity" and delete/move everything except ".ulf" files
6. Disconnect from the internet
7. Launch the Editor
Expected Result: The Launcher loads and lets you create/load a project
Actual Result: The Launcher is stuck on "Loading..." with no way to proceed
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0a2, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.1.5f1, 2017.4.6f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.3p1, 2017.1.4p2
Need to delete the Registry files between every launch of the Editor to repro
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true