Search Issue Tracker
By Design in 5.5.X, 5.6.X
Large amounts of data is Written to Disk when 1000 materials are created with script
1. Open repro project
2. Open Activity Monitor
3. In menu select 'Test' -> 'TestCreate'
Expected: in Activity Monitor's 'Disk' tab editor's 'Bytes Written' will increase about 5MB (1000 materials weights about 5MB)
Actual: editor's 'Bytes Written' increases up to 14GB (editor freezes)
Reproduced on: 5.4.5p1, 5.5.2p3, 5.6.0f2, 17.1.0a5
User's attached image: http://bugs04.unity3d.com/fogfiles/894171_592sturspdr80plm/case_894171-Screen_Shot_2017-03-23_at_3.37.25_PM.png
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode