Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
JsonUtility fails to update Object references when running the test on Standalone build and using instanceID
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "TestJSON.zip"
2. Open Test Runner window
3. Select PlayMode in the Test Runner window
4. Click Run All Tests to run the test on Standalone player
Expected result: Test does not fail
Actual result: Test fails
Reproducible with - 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.11f1, 2021.1.11f1, 2021.2.0a20
Changing the name of the field from instanceID to m_FileID solves the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor