Search Issue Tracker
JsonUtility fails to update Object references when running the test on Standalone build and using instanceID
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "TestJSON.zip"
2. Open Test Runner window
3. Select PlayMode in the Test Runner window
4. Click Run All Tests to run the test on Standalone player
Expected result: Test does not fail
Actual result: Test fails
Reproducible with - 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.11f1, 2021.1.11f1, 2021.2.0a20
Changing the name of the field from instanceID to m_FileID solves the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- Crash on LinearCollectionField::LinearCollectionField after a 'm_ArrayField != SCRIPTING_NULL' assertion when opening a project
- Import Activity Window takes long time to open
- [Android] Artifacts appear in texture Preview Window on Android Platform when selected Override ETC2 fallback is 16-bit
- Child Canvas' Sorting Layer is changed to the same value as the parent Canvas after interacting with Dropdown UI object