Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
It is possible to select "None (Object)" from the Material list in Model Importer Material Editor and Apply it
1. Download attached "1172619_repro (1) 3.zip" project in Unity
2. In Project window select "untitled.fbx" gameObject
3. In Inspector press Materials button, to go to Model Importer Material Editor
4. In Material field press dot button
5. In the opened window try to select "None" Material
6. Observe that in the Material field this Material is shown as "None (Material)"
7. Press again on None selection
Expected results: "None (Material)" Material is still shown in the Material field
Actual results: Now you can see "None (Object)" in in the Material field and you can Apply it
- Video for Reference is attached
- This bug might be introduced earlier (2019.3.10f1) but in 2019.3.12f1 if you select "None (Object)" you cannot Apply it and once the Material selection Window is closed, "None (Object)" reverts to "None (Material)"
Reproduced on Unity 2019.3.13f1, 2020.1.0b7 and 2020.2.0a9
Not reproduced on Unity 2019.3.12f1
Regression on Unity 2019.3.13f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio