Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[IsAlive][isPlaying] Particle systems which finish playing off-screen always return true for IsAlive and isPlaying
Particle systems which stop playing outside the camera's frustum still return true for IsAlive and isPlaying.
1. Open TestScene from attached project.
2. If it's not already, set the Particle System position in the scene to 0,0,0.
3. Press Play
4. Observe in the console that the particles are returning true for IsAlive and isPlaying.
5. Wait 6 seconds.
6. Observe that even though there are no more active particles, the system is still returning true for IsAlive and isPlaying.
Expected outcome: Particle System to return false once it stops playing.
- I've put down the min distance (14) for the particle system to be outside the camera's frustum. If it's not enough, you can increase it in the Checker script attached to the Particle System.
- Not a regression; happens in 5.2.4f1, 5.3.1f1, and 5.4.0b18
- Behavior slightly different in 5.4.0b18: particle count remains > 0 (it drops to 0 in 5.2 and 5.3)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Builder - Transitions on elements with hover are only applied the first time hover occurs
- Unity drains raw input message queue before Rewired can process each event, making it miss some
- Old input system misses some mouse movement if the new input system is also enabled
- [URP] _ProjectionParams.x with Overlay rendering
- Thumbnails in a Project window get darker after reimporting assets