Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[IsAlive][isPlaying] Particle systems which finish playing off-screen always return true for IsAlive and isPlaying
Particle systems which stop playing outside the camera's frustum still return true for IsAlive and isPlaying.
1. Open TestScene from attached project.
2. If it's not already, set the Particle System position in the scene to 0,0,0.
3. Press Play
4. Observe in the console that the particles are returning true for IsAlive and isPlaying.
5. Wait 6 seconds.
6. Observe that even though there are no more active particles, the system is still returning true for IsAlive and isPlaying.
Expected outcome: Particle System to return false once it stops playing.
- I've put down the min distance (14) for the particle system to be outside the camera's frustum. If it's not enough, you can increase it in the Checker script attached to the Particle System.
- Not a regression; happens in 5.2.4f1, 5.3.1f1, and 5.4.0b18
- Behavior slightly different in 5.4.0b18: particle count remains > 0 (it drops to 0 in 5.2 and 5.3)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- [Android] QosService.Instance.GetSortedMultiplayQosResultsAsync crashes Player when it's built
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player is not killed when using xkill command