Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X
[iOS 13] Screen.SafeArea values are incorrect after app pause and orientation change
How to reproduce:
1. Build the attached project for iOS
2. Build & Run the app to device via Xcode
3. Rotate the screen
4. Lock the device
5. Unlock the device
6. Rotate the screen back
Actual result: Screen.SafeArea values are incorrect after unlocking and rotating the phone. (screenshots "before" and "after" attached)
Expected result: Screen.SafeArea values are the same as before.
Devices reproducible with:
- iPhone X (iOS 13.0)
Devices not reproducible with:
- iPhone X (iOS 11.3.1)
- iPhone 7 (iOS 12.3.1)
- iPhone X (iOS 12.4)
- iPad Pro (iOS 13.0)
Reproducible with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.9f1, 2019.3.0b7, 2020.1.0a9.
Fixed in 2020.1.0a14.
Jun 02, 2021 16:07
I don't know if this is still an issue, but I have experienced a problem in this area after following the Unite 2020 presentation on the setup of safe areas.
What I discovered is that the Canvas incorrectly reports the size on the initial pass when the orientation changes. The example script does not check for a canvas size change to recalculate the layout, so it remains wrong after the first pass.
I store and check the canvas size as well as the orientation. If it changes (and it will once the height and width are finally corrected) i recalculate the safe area. This seems to work well for me (so far) and has no real risk of breaking changes later.
Apr 13, 2020 09:34
Is there any workaround? I'm in 2018.4 so it's still broken for me. Also, why can't I vote for this? I want it fixed in 2018.4, but I have no way to voice my opinion.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in 2019.3.10f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.4):
Fixed in 2018.4.21f1