Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[iOS][Physics] Two MeshColliders pass through each other at certain angles on iOS only
With a specific mesh in the scene, when another mesh is moving towards it (standard Cube, Sphere or a custom mesh), instead of colliding, it passes through.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the latest attached project (870924_minimal.zip).
2) Build for iOS.
3) Run on a device.
- Notice the cube passing through the mesh
- The scene reloads every 3 seconds
4) As the cube is approaching the wall, touch the screen (this rotates the cube a bit)
- The cube doesn't pass through the mesh
The scene consists of a mesh (curved wall mesh) and a cube moving towards it with small velocity. Instead of colliding with the mesh, the cube goes right through it. This does not occur if the mesh or the cube is initially rotated slightly (the angle is not 0, 90, 180, etc.) or rotated in runtime.
This issue doesn't occur on the Editor and Android.
Note: the mesh has volume.
Workaround: uncheck "Enable PCM" in Physics settings.
Did not reproduce:
iPhone 7 iOS 10.3
iPad Mini 2 iOS 9.2.1
LG Nexus 5 Android 6.0
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Jul 13, 2020 17:17
kedi ve köpek mamaları kedi kumu çeşitleri www.patilimama.com
Feb 08, 2019 17:08
Experienced the same issue in 2018.3, disabling PCM didn't do anything. Temporary solution was increasing default contact offset in physics settings
May 12, 2018 12:47
Feb 12, 2018 14:10
To reproduce 2017.1.3:
Add default cube to test track scene in Unity vehicle tools package
Drive vehicle at cube
Intermittantly, vehicle will drives through cube entirely, collide with cube and stop, or drive partially through cube and then react to overlapping colliders and jump
Feb 12, 2018 14:03
Reproduced with standard vehicle setup against box & mesh collider
Building to IOS 11
Workaround appears to work. Need to do more thorough testing
Nov 13, 2017 14:49
Reproduced on Unity 2017.2.0p1 and iOS 11.1.1.
Workaround noted here worked.
Mar 13, 2017 19:00
I also have another test project to reproduce that issue on a forum thread:
Mar 05, 2017 09:45
reproduce Unity 5.5.x and iOS build
did not reproduce 5.4.x and iOS build
We have the same issue if rb drag value of box collider gameobject is higher than the default value.
- ground gameobject with static mesh collider
- moving gameobject with box collider and rb/continues dynamic collision detection (if rb drag value is 0.5 it is OK, if rb drag value is 12, gameobject very often goes through a ground/mesh collider