Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X, 2018.3.X, 2019.1.X
[iOS] On-device Shader compilation hangs ~10% of the time on the specific project
1 out of 10 times the player freezes when warming up shaders.
This also happens at runtime when the shaders just get compiled on a device, but warming them up is a more reliable way of reproducing the hang.
1. Open the attached project (archive password is provided in the edit below).
2. Make sure Platform is set to iOS in the Build Settings.
3. Go to Window > Builder Menu.
4. Click "Load config file".
- Select the file named "XSDeadLockReproConfig"
- Wait for the editor to recompile the code.
5. Click "Build XCode Project".
6. Reboot the mobile Device.
7. Build the Xcode project to a device.
- It should be in the "Build > iOS > Output" folder.
- If you'll encounter Game Center related errors, turn off and on Game Center in the Capabilities settings.
- Spinner shows up
- Loading spinner doesn't show up after 5-60 seconds
- Application freezes
- Reproducible ~10% of the time (Repeat steps 6 and 7)
- Project size is ~3gb.
- The project uses a custom builder and it doesn't work on 2017.4, 2018.1, 2019.1 and 2019.2 versions of Unity.
- iPhone XS, iOS: 12.1 - Reproduced after 9 tries
- iPhone XS Max - Reproduced after 5 tries
- iPhone X, iOS: 12.1 - Not Reproduced
Reproduced on Unity 2018.2.13f1 and 2018.3.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Recursive rendering refraction is very different compared to Rasterization/PathTracing
- [VFX] SMR sampling first frame after culling in T-Pose
- Can't select color from Editor with color picker when Unity Editor is on Secondary monitor
- [Linux] "Error while reading movie" errors in Learning templates due to unsupported .mov video format
- [Android] Crash with Signal 11 when opening app from floating icon state