Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Fixed in 2018.2, 2018.3, 2019.1
[iOS] On-device Shader compilation hangs ~10% of the time on the specific project
1 out of 10 times the player freezes when warming up shaders.
This also happens at runtime when the shaders just get compiled on a device, but warming them up is a more reliable way of reproducing the hang.
1. Open the attached project (archive password is provided in the edit below).
2. Make sure Platform is set to iOS in the Build Settings.
3. Go to Window > Builder Menu.
4. Click "Load config file".
- Select the file named "XSDeadLockReproConfig"
- Wait for the editor to recompile the code.
5. Click "Build XCode Project".
6. Reboot the mobile Device.
7. Build the Xcode project to a device.
- It should be in the "Build > iOS > Output" folder.
- If you'll encounter Game Center related errors, turn off and on Game Center in the Capabilities settings.
- Spinner shows up
- Loading spinner doesn't show up after 5-60 seconds
- Application freezes
- Reproducible ~10% of the time (Repeat steps 6 and 7)
- Project size is ~3gb.
- The project uses a custom builder and it doesn't work on 2017.4, 2018.1, 2019.1 and 2019.2 versions of Unity.
- iPhone XS, iOS: 12.1 - Reproduced after 9 tries
- iPhone XS Max - Reproduced after 5 tries
- iPhone X, iOS: 12.1 - Not Reproduced
Reproduced on Unity 2018.2.13f1 and 2018.3.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The main loop is never scheduled in 2018.x when build starts in background
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is true when calling it in OnDisable() and Entering Play Mode
- "Entering Playmode with Reload Domain disabled" log appears when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled and pressing Play
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- Editor freezes and silently crashes when an object with SerializeReference is assigned an object with System.Obsolete attribute