Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2020.3.X
Fixed in 2023.1.0a17
[iOS] Metal Shader error is thrown when loading prefab on iOS device
1. Download the attached project "ios.zip"
2. Open a terminal window and run the following command:
"<Unity-path> -quit -batchmode -projectPath <project-path> -executeMethod TempBuildScript.BuildPlayer -force-glcore -buildTarget ios"
3. Run the Generated Xcode Project on an iOS device
Expected result: No errors are thrown in the Xcode Console and a Model is seen in the Build
Actual result: The prefab cannot be seen in the Build and the following error is thrown:
"Metal: Error creating pipeline state (Universal Render Pipeline/Lit): Fragment input(s) `user(TEXCOORD4)` mismatching vertex shader output type(s) or not written by vertex shader"
Reproducible with: 2020.3.35f1
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1
Could not test with: 2021.3.3f1, 2022.1.3f1, 2022.2.0a15 (the terminal command fails to produce a properly working build, see notes for more information regarding reproduction)
iPhone 13 (iOS 15.0)
- After a build is performed, the same issue can be observed in the Editor by playing the "_Temp/TempScene" Scene. However, this behavior appears to be device-dependent. It was observed on the following macOS machine:
macOS: 12.3 (21E230)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
3,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Radeon Pro 570 4 GB
- The Editor reproduction of the issue appears to be dependent on the outcome of the iOS build. The Editor reproduction has been observed in 2022.2.0a15, however, that was only after it was upgraded from 2020.3.35f1 and a build that threw unrelated errors was made. On 2022.1.3f1 the build crashes on launch and after that, the Editor does not reproduce the issue
- Reproduction appears to be device-dependent. Not all macOS machines appear to produce builds that reproduce the issue on iOS, however, the above machine is able to consistently reproduce the build that causes the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"