Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 5.6.X, 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X, 2018.1.X
[iOS][Metal] "Can't set kSurfaceUseResolvedBuffer surface flag" errors appear when camera's clearing is set to depth only
When using a camera with depth only clearing and MSAA iOS build spams constantly this error: Metal: Can't set kSurfaceUseResolvedBuffer surface flag after it has been set as an encoder attachment if MTLStoreActionStoreAndMultisampleResolve is unsupported
Disabling MSAA, changing graphics API or changing camera's clearing solves this issue.
1. Build attached project for iOS
2. Run it on the device
3. Inspect Xcode console
Expected result: There shouldn't be any errors in the console
Actual result: Errors spam constantly
Reproduced with: Unity 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0p2, 2018.3.0b8, 2018.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: Unity 2017.1.2p2, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b7
Device: iPhone 5s iOS 9.3.3
Not reproducible with: iPhone 8+ iOS 11.0.1
Fixed in: 2018.2.0a1
Backported to: 2018.1.0b4, 2017.3.0p2, 5.6.5p1, 2017.2.1p3, 2017.1.3p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Oct 18, 2021 21:37
I have run into this issue with no Remote device attached while using ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot with iOS and Metal. The solution for me was restarting my whole Mac computer. That solved things until it popped up again (usually from the computer crashing halfway through taking a screenshot) and then a restart fixed it again. Just in case it happens to anyone else!