Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2, 2017.3, 2018.1
[iOS][Metal] "Can't set kSurfaceUseResolvedBuffer surface flag" errors appear when camera's clearing is set to depth only
When using a camera with depth only clearing and MSAA iOS build spams constantly this error: Metal: Can't set kSurfaceUseResolvedBuffer surface flag after it has been set as an encoder attachment if MTLStoreActionStoreAndMultisampleResolve is unsupported
Disabling MSAA, changing graphics API or changing camera's clearing solves this issue.
1. Build attached project for iOS
2. Run it on the device
3. Inspect Xcode console
Expected result: There shouldn't be any errors in the console
Actual result: Errors spam constantly
Reproduced with: Unity 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0p2, 2018.3.0b8, 2018.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: Unity 2017.1.2p2, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b7
Device: iPhone 5s iOS 9.3.3
Not reproducible with: iPhone 8+ iOS 11.0.1
Fixed in: 2018.2.0a1
Backported to: 2018.1.0b4, 2017.3.0p2, 5.6.5p1, 2017.2.1p3, 2017.1.3p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] crash on il2cpp::os::Image::Initialize() on Application launch
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'